Help for international students wanting to work in the UK

The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) is the UK’s national advisory body serving the interests of international students. The UKCISA website contains some very helpful advice and info on:

  • Immigration and work visas
  • Working in the UK during and after your time as a student, including the latest visa information
  • Language and culture

The UKCISA site also has useful information for UK students wishing to study or work abroad, including country-specific information and contacts.

If you are a current RCA student or recent gradute you can also contact the RCA International Student Support office for help with visas, funding, accomodation, healthcare etc. Tel: +44(0)20 7590 4140. Their info page on working in the UK after graduation, including Tier 1 and 2 visas, is here.

Lastly, HMRC has also produced an info sheet on tax etc for international students, and provide more detailed info on working in the UK here.